Most New Years Eves I’ve spent getting glammed up and at fancy locations. This year was a little different. Last year was an expensive evening so we knew in advance this year would be low key.
When my friend Cheryl from the mommy group invited my family to a NYE Potluck Party, I was super excited. First I would get to spend it with my whole family. Second I would get to make yet another new recipe from Pinterest. Third I would be spending the last few fours of New Years with some of my favorite people. It was a win-win situation all around! I got Sarah all glammed up for her first NYE party (party dress, tights, pretty shoes and even a bracelet), made 2 Pinterst dishes and we were off to celebrate with our friends.
Hubby got a last minute emergency call so he couldn’t attend after all. But it was a cute party! Thanks for hosting Cheryl!
Once back from the party and after a quick bed time routine, hubby and I enjoyed sushi and wine while we watched the Dick Clark’s New Year’s Eve countdown. After a short while our princess woke up. We let her cry it out for a moment and she went back to sleep. After the second time, I went in and tried to calm her down etc, but decided since it was NYE, why not bring her out to living room to celebrate with us? After a little while I placed her back in bed. The third time she woke up we knew our evening was over. Here’s to being parents of a toddler! Happy 2013 everyone!
I wanted to share my top moments of 2012 with you (in no particular order):
1. Starting this blog. I love being able to share what’s on my mind with you. Thanks for reading!
2. Celebrating my DAUGHTER’S 1st birthday: I still can’t believe I get to say I am a mommy! It’s been a life changing experience and I wouldn’t change it for the world!
3. Breaking Dawn Part 2 premiere with my youngest sister. After a few years of talk shows, premieres, screenings, midnight movies and getting up close and personal with the cast we closed the chapter to our Twilight madness. I had an amazing time with you sissy! Can’t wait for our next adventure!!
4. My mommy group. This September Sarah and I have celebrated one year of support, friendships, laughs and tears with you. I seriously don’t know where I would be with you!
5. My Hubby! First thank you for being you and making me laugh! But I really want to thank you for working hard so I can be a stay-at-home mom. I know it’s hard at times, but it will be well worth it down the road.
6. My bi-annual trip to Florida! I love being able to wake up and sleep at my parents house for many consecutive days. It was also amazing that we were a part of my grandpa’s 80th birthday celebration. In a couple months when Sarah turns 2 I’m not sure how often we will fly to Florida, since 2 and over require you to pay for a seat 😦
6. To close this list and this wonderful year, my middle sister just got engaged! Mazal tov O and B! Here is to many simchas (joyous events in Hebrew) in your future.